Founder & CEO of Forte Advisory, Steve Tout, is an entrepreneur and domain expert in IAM strategy, architecture and operations. Steve was recently a Director at PwC in their advisory practice. Prior to PwC, he was the head of IAM at VMware where he designed and managed customer and partner facing systems to support VMware’s explosive growth into a $6B company. Formerly, Steve was a consultant at Oracle where he led IdM deployments for strategic accounts which led to managing IAM on VMware platforms. Previously Steve held roles in development, security and architecture at AT&T Wireless and US Bank. He lives with his wife, daughter and basset hound in Poulsbo, Washington.
His achievements include:
- 15 years enterprise and IAM
- Experience in telco, financial services and high tech sectors
- Lead consultant for initial IAM and 2FA deployment for a major US bank
- Led the enterprise IAM design and deployment for a leader in virtualization technology in 2007, scaled to support $6B business
- Established and directed the 3-year IAM roadmap, program strategy, GRC convergence and enterprise IdP for a leader in virtualization technology
- Chief architect and strategist for integrating IAM with a major ERP system for a large coffee manufacturer in the Pacific Northwest
His personal interests include: BMWs, dark roasted single origin fair trade coffee, travel, photography, writing, music and building things.